Annunciation and Guadalupe Discernment Houses have certain requirements. Applicants must be:
1. Practicing Catholics in agreement with all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church or those exploring the Catholic faith.
2. Sufficient mental and physical health to contribute to life in a group setting.
3. Able to follow house rules and instructions.
4. Cheerful and easy to get along with.
5. At least 18 years of age.
6. Must be willing and able to commit to attending weekly discernment meetings, daily personal prayer (daily Mass recommended as often as possible), and community meals at least twice per week.
7. Able to contribute, either through volunteer work or rent for his or her stay at the house (see contract for details).