Annunciation and Guadalupe Discernment Houses have certain requirements. Applicants must be:
1. Practicing Catholics in agreement with all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church or those exploring the Catholic faith.
2. Mentally sound.
3. Physically able to live in a group setting.
4. Able to follow house rules and instructions.
5. Cheerful and easy to get along with.
6. At least 18 years of age.
7. Must be willing and able to commit to attending weekly discernment meetings, daily Mass at least twice per week besides Sunday, and community meals at least twice per week.